Are you fed up with those pesky spammy marketing newsletters and emails? Fret no more; we’ve come to help you with the ultimate guide to blocking an email address. Often people face the issue of flooded emails, with some of them being a marketing source, whereas others can make your security at risk. Many scammers use the email medium as a trick to attack victims and innocent people. Therefore, it becomes more important to know the right way to block an email address that contains malicious links. Scroll down to know about the different ways to block emails on different platforms.
How To Block An Email Address On Gmail?
Follow these steps to get rid of spam emails on Gmail.
- Go to the message of the sender you wish to block or stop
- There you will find a little arrow near the reply button
- Click on the “Block [sender’s name]” option
- As soon as you click on the option, a pop-up window will appear
- Select the confirm button to block the email address of the sender
- You will watch the confirmation message that indicates that you’ve successfully blocked the email address
And that’s it! You can easily block the email address with just six steps. If you wish to unblock the email address in the future, you can do it anytime.
How To Block Emails In iPhone’s Mail App?
Follow these steps to block emails in iPhone’s mail app.
- Open the email address in your Mail app that you wish to block
- Double-tap on the name of the sender at the top of your email
- Click on the Block this contact and click again to confirm the blocking
- Go to the settings and navigate to Mail
- Click on Block sender options and then click on the move to trash
How To Block An Email Address On Yahoo?
Yahoo also offers the option where you can block an email address with a few clicks. With just a few steps, you can shift your emails to the spam folder.
- Go to the settings icon and then go to the pop-up menu to select the settings option
- Scroll down until you find block addresses category
- There you will find a box indicating add an address
- Fill in the email address that you wish to block
- Click Block and then eventually select the save button
This will help you to block any email address without any extra effort. Yahoo offers an easy unblock feature too. All you need to do is scroll to the block addresses category and click on unblock.
How To Block An Email Address On Outlook?
Are you looking for a way to block an email address on Outlook? If yes, you can follow the steps mentioned below and block any of the email addresses. Remember, to block an email address at Outlook; you need to use a desktop website rather than a mobile app.
- Open the message of the sender you wish to block
- At the right corner of the name, you will find three dots
- Click on the dots, and you will watch a sidebar information
- Scroll down to the security options and then select the block button
- A pop-up window will appear indicating a confirmation message
- Click confirm to block the email address from sending you future emails
Outlook offers plenty of other features too that help you to block an entire domain too. Furthermore, with Outlook, you can easily differentiate personal as well as business emails from each other.
With these few steps, you can easily block an email address and get rid of spam emails. This will help you to protect your privacy from hackers or scammers. If you wish to find more information, feel free to explore our name search here on Peoplefinders.