PeopleFinders.com, the premier online service for consumers to locate, contact and verify people and businesses, is seeking a UI/UX Designer for its Product department. Over the past decade the Company has quietly become one of the largest owners of public records data in the country, distributing its products over a vast network of websites. PeopleFinders.com is a privately held corporation based in Sacramento, California. We offer a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Who We Want
Do you enjoy creating products and platforms that help people reconnect, verify information, reduce personal risk, protect those that matter the most, and be better informed for critical decisions? Do you know how to translate business initiatives into successful design solutions? Is â€œthinking out of the boxâ€ a natural part of your personality? Are you laser focused on the smallest of details, and delivering high quality results? If yes, then you're the person we've been looking for.
We need talented, creative, and self-directed individuals to join our team in transforming our products to the next level. Help us provide our users with innovative products and services. An ideal candidate will be excited to be in a smaller company that moves quickly on a constant flow of ideas, be able to wear multiple hats as needed, and be driven to exceed expectations.
- Design innovative solutions for the company's web sites and products, using design sense, commercial awareness, competitive analysis, user feedback, and knowledge of industry trends.
- Build detailed storyboards, wireframes, mockups, flow diagrams, site maps, and prototypes to effectively communicate design and interaction ideas.
- Quickly iterate on multiple design approaches that are user-friendly, intuitive, aesthetically engaging, and produces results.
- Explore interactive design solutions based on customer feedback and KPIs, incorporating an understanding of audiences, user behavior, and use cases.
- Design UI elements and tools such as navigation, menus, search boxes, original graphics and icons, logos, page layouts, colors, and fonts â€“ and maintain detailed design specs.
- Use human-computer interaction (HCI) design principles to identify gaps in UX design and come up with solutions for improving them.
- Create a cohesive style guide to ensure consistent design is followed across the product.
- Collaborate with engineers to deliver pixel-perfect responsive designs.
- Showcase design ideas to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or 5+ years equivalent professional experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer or similar role, for digital products or services.
- Portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for consumer-facing web and mobile platforms.
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven experience showing a clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals.
- Artistic eye for design and the ability to think creatively, while maintaining accuracy and high attention to detail with pixel-perfect designs.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture, usability, and design.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity or when requirements are still in flux.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with advanced problem-solving skills.
- Experience working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Excellent organization and time-management skills.
Location: Sacramento, CA
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating "UI/UX Designer" in the subject of the email.