The PeopleFinders mission is to find, organize and make information accessible - empowering people with meaningful answers. That's why, since 1999, PeopleFinders.com has made it as easy as possible for users to search online for public records and other people data. Why do they search? To find people from their past, to verify people and businesses, to keep themselves and their family safer, and to generally make better-informed decisions.
Over the years, PeopleFinders has become a leading DaaS (data-as-a-service) provider, and one of the largest owners of public records data in the country. We distribute that data across a large family of websites from our headquarters in Sacramento, CA. We offer competitive compensation (DOE) and a comprehensive benefits program.Job Purpose
The SEO Manager is responsible for overseeing the execution of the SEO strategy for PeopleFinders and our network of consumer and enterprise web sites. We seek a proactive candidate with a strong sense of accountability and a focus on bottom-line results. This role requires stellar search engine optimization skills, including content and technical/architecture expertise. The SEO Manager has relevant experience guiding wed development teams on technical SEO initiatives. This role will report to the Vice President of Marketing and work closely with Software Engineering, partner agencies and an in house content writer to lead all SEO initiatives. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Qualifications & Skills
- Tactical execution of organic search strategies that include, performing regular site audits, comprehensive keyword research, on-site content optimization, inbound link generation, and competitive analysis
- Identify, resolve and monitor all technical challenges inhibiting website performance
- Work closely with software engineering team to strategically manage the roadmap of SEO enhancements are rolled out to set schedules
- Partner with paid search and social media teams to ensure synergistic omnichannel strategy
- Build robust content strategy with focus on inbound link generation to win highly competitive keyword categories
- Own the roadmap and prioritization of SEO-focused projects that allow us to meet short-term and long-term goals
- Work closely with partner agency and content writer to prioritize content calendar
- Research and study the competition to own organic rankings and traffic goals
- Develop original content to aid in organizational search engine optimization objectives including key word specific articles, press releases, blog posts etc.
- Regularly use analytics to identify trends, diagnose issues, and measure impact of SEO changes
- Research, learn, and apply the latest SEO techniques across multiple web sites
- Distribute SEO content through appropriate channels
Education & Experience
- Knowledge of major search engines and search engine rankings
- Strong technical SEO ability including understanding of HTML, CSS and JS for SEO purposes
- Ability to prioritize and lead wed dev team and content teams on SEO projects
- Hands-on experience with website analysis (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Search Console) and various other industry-standard reporting tools/sites (e.g. SEM Rush, Screaming Frog, SemRush, SEO tools for excel, etc).
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding writing and linguistic skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage time effectively
- Must be detail oriented, highly-organized and able to work on multiple project simultaneously
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Expert with SEO Tools, including GA, Moz
- 4+ years in-house SEO experience
- BA/BS in quantitative discipline
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, indicating "SEO Manager" in the subject of the email.