Data Engineering Company Profile
Full Time Position
PeopleFinders.com, the premier online service for consumers to locate, contact and verify people and businesses, is seeking a Big Data Engineer for its Software Engineering department. Over the past decade the Company has quietly become one of the largest owners of public records data in the country, distributing its products over a vast network of websites. PeopleFinders.com is a privately held corporation based in Sacramento, California. We offer a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
PeopleFinders is looking for a Data Engineer who loves to build quality data driven solutions. You will be solving complex data-related problems using diverse datasets to help enhance and correctly depict the attributes of the entire US population. You will have access to a wide variety of the big data tool stack to help with getting raw data from diverse data sources, all the way to a product that will help provide valuable insights to our clients and consumers.
Qualifications & Skills
- Build a large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Spark, Hive, Airflow, AWS etc.
- Expertise in SQL, SQL tuning, data modeling and analysis
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery using tools like Teamcity, Ansible etc.
- Test driven development in Scala, Bash, Java etc.
- Help drive performance optimizations, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Work in a cross-functional agile teams to continuously develop and iterate on new company objectives
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large distributed datasets
- 3+ years of experience with programming languages like Java, Scala, Python etc.
- Demonstrated experience in scripting languages like Perl, Bash etc.
- Experience with data modeling, ETL development, automated deployment and tests
- Knowledge of distributed systems like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka etc.
- Works well individually or in a team, analytical thinker who approaches their work with logic and enthusiasm and drives things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect data with special attention to quality of the output
Location: Sacramento, CA
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, indicating "Data Engineer" in the subject of the email.