Data Engineering Company Profile
Full Time Position
PeopleFinders.com, the premier online service for consumers to locate, contact and verify people and businesses, is seeking a Big Data Engineer for its Data Engineering department. Over the past decade the Company has become one of the largest owners of public records data in the country, distributing its products over a vast network of websites. PeopleFinders.com is a privately held corporation based in Sacramento, California. We offer a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program. Who We Want
Are you an early adopter and core contributor to the Hadoop Open Source project? Do you live for working on challenging Big Data problems at a massive scale? Do you love data analytics and can systematically recognize patterns and data anomalies intended to inform better data cleansing, normalization and entity resolution? If yes, then we want you.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to help our data engineering team build a modern data processing platform in Hadoop. We are investing resources into setting up a more flexible and scalable data infrastructure to support the addition of new data sets and improve overall data quality. An ideal candidate will be excited to be in a smaller company that moves quickly on a constant flow of ideas, is able to weed through the maze of Big data world and technology stack and approaches to find the solutions that work.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the data visualization to see data beyond numbers and understand how to leverage our multiple data sources into actionable business requirements
- Research and develop analytical models, predictive modeling and optimization methods to improve our entity resolution framework
- Ability to provide critical metrics and analysis on our data sources to help visualize data anomalies and patterns to help with better data cleansing and normalization approaches
- Ability to translate your ideas and research into meaningful visuals to inform the executive team and business stakeholders and to help them get a better understanding of our data sources
- Define and track quality assurance metrics and establish thresholds for acceptance
- Identifying strategic opportunities in the datasets for backend development. Ability to translate these into clear business requirements and ability to communicate to the relevant audience.
- Perform data quality audits by using SQL, Spark and other relevant tools to ensure defined quality standards, procedures, requirements and methodologies are followed
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, and negotiate consensus.
Qualifications & Skills (Must Haves)
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics) OR related industry experience for 4+ years in a data analyst or similar role
- Proficiency in advanced SQL techniques (T-SQL or PL/SQL)Comfortable in Unix computing environments and have a handful of your favorite BASH tricks. Fluent in one or more programing languages like Python, R, Java, Scala to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and concepts (regression modeling, time series analysis etc.)
- Experience with data discovery, profiling, cleansing and standardization, defining and reusing data quality rules, data quality monitoring and reporting
- Experience working with various file formats like JSON, CSV, Parquet
- Prior experience working with highly-scalable, distributed big data systems and cluster architectures (e.g. EMR, Spark, Hive etc.)
- Comfortable with visualization tools such as Kibana, Tableau etc.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Search Engines like Elasticsearch, Name/Address standardization and Matching, or text processing a plus.
Location: Sacramento, CA
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating "Data Analyst" in the subject of the email.