The PeopleFinders mission is to find, organize and make information accessible - empowering people with meaningful answers. That's why, since 1999, PeopleFinders.com has made it as easy as possible for users to search online for public records and other people data. Why do they search? To find people from their past, to verify people and businesses, to keep themselves and their family safer, and to generally make better-informed decisions.
Over the years, PeopleFinders has become a leading DaaS (data-as-a-service) provider, and one of the largest owners of public records data in the country. We distribute that data across a large family of websites from our headquarters in Sacramento, CA. We offer competitive compensation (DOE) and a comprehensive benefits program.Job Description
The Content Writer is responsible for collaborating with the team as needed, to develop and create content for all digital channels including company websites, blogs, online communication, email and other digital properties. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer with an SEO background, collaborator and passionate about developing effective content that tells the story of the brand. This is a full-time remote position.
You will report to the SEO Manager/Director and will be expected to work both autonomously, with limited supervision, and interactively with other team members, demonstrating a commitment toward shared goals and a willingness to take initiative. In addition, you will be expected to deliver content that meets the timelines set by the organization.Key Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Digital Marketing team to execute content marketing strategy
- Work with multiple owners of particular content to revise, measure and ensure consistent, accurate content
- Research, write and edit original SEO ready content for company websites, WordPress blogs, online communication, and content assets including case studies, emails, newsletters, technical documentation, social and more
- Repurpose and optimize existing content for digital channels
- Ensure content is aligned with personas and stages of the customers' journey
- Writing email newsletters and automated campaigns
- Monitor SEO rankings and optimize existing content to boost traffic and conversions
- Conduct keyword research to identify target keywords and using those keywords to plan, structure, and optimize your content
- Optimize content within Natural Language Processing (NLP) using the latest Content AI tools
- Work closely with developers and support team members on site content releases
- Copywriting: You can understand your audience and use their own language to position products as solutions to their pain points. Your writing is persuasive and gets conversions, not just traffic
- Basic HTML: You can use the text editor in WordPress to add link attributes and do basic formatting of lists, subheadings, anchor links, etc. with HTML
- Google Analytics: You know how to analyze the results of your content in Google Analytics
- Time Management: You're able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines
- Work in conjunction with the SEO Team to identify relevant and valuable outreach prospects
- Support SEO content growth with link building initiatives to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Bachelor's degree in English or Journalism and at least 5 years demonstrated experience writing/editing/publishing content specific for the web
- Experience with link outreach to attain backlinks using tools including Pitchbox, SemRush, etc.
- Flexible writing style to address multiple audiences while maintaining the brand voice
- Experience researching and reporting on relevant industry trends and best practices to identify opportunities for new or improved SEO content
- Must be able to write content optimized for SEO
- Demonstrated experience writing blog posts
- Ability to develop new topics, research, and find a unique spin on existing topics
- Background in search engine optimization (SEO)
- Strong experience with WordPress content management systems and strong understanding of content work flows
- Must provide samples of your work including blog, product pages, emails, and other online communications
To Apply: Please send your resume to [email protected], indicating "Content Writer" in the subject of the email.