PeopleFinders.com, the premier online service for consumers to locate, contact and verify people and businesses, is seeking a Web Developer for its Product Development department. Over the past seven years the company has quietly become one of the largest owners of public records data in the country, distributing its products over a vast network of websites. PeopleFinders.com is a privately held corporation based in Sacramento, California. We offer a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Who We Want
Do you enjoy creating new products and ideas that help people reconnect in many ways, including family members, classmates, and old friends? Do you actively research changes in the web development world, staying on top of the latest ways to build efficient, maintainable page code? Are you the type that can juggle several projects at once, using your skill and experience to make all of them successful? If yes, then you’re the person we’ve been looking for.
We need talented and dedicated individuals to join our team in guiding our products to the next level. Help us provide our users with innovative products and services. An ideal candidate will be excited to be in a smaller company that moves quickly on a constant flow of ideas, be able to wear multiple hats as needed, and have the drive to exceed expectations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop front-end web page code for creating and maintaining web pages across multiple sites.
- Build cross-platform compatible code, for different systems and major web browsers.
- Debug page code problems, quickly finding long-term solutions.
- Take initiative to learn about the technology, systems, and other interfacing areas of knowledge.
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Work closely with engineers and designers, as well as appropriate stakeholders.
- Problem solve and work individually, and as part of a team, to meet the needs of projects.
- Provide innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Follow through with commitments and foster mutual trust with fellow employees.
- Must be able to make mobile friendly websites
Qualifications & Skills
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field.
- Several years of professional web development experience at an ecommerce company.
- Knowledge and proficiency with AJAX frameworks and implementations.
- Strong understanding of relational databases such as MySQL and MS SQL Server.
- Experience developing and working in C#/ASP.Net.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio .Net IDE, or an open-source alternative.
- Experience with open-source technologies such as Perl, PHP, and Ruby is a plus.
- Dedication to championing open web standards and guidelines, especially table-less designs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess an extremely high attention to detail and quality.
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org,
indicating "Application: Web Developer" in the subject of the email.