Senior Software Engineer
PeopleFinders.com, the premier online service for consumers to locate, contact and verify people and businesses, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for its Software Engineering department. Over the past decade the Company has quietly become one of the largest owners of public records data in the country, distributing its products over a vast network of websites. PeopleFinders.com is a privately held corporation based in Sacramento, California. We offer a competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program.
Who We Want
Are you typically the lead engineer amongst a team of engineers? Are you usually the one that people depend on for architecting how systems will be built? Are you the type that can juggle several projects at once, using your skill and experience to make all of them successful? If yes, then we want you.
We need talented engineers to join our team in moving our technology and products to the next level. Help us provide our users with innovative products and services. In addition to the new development projects that we have, we are investing resources into setting up a more flexible infrastructure to support those projects. An ideal candidate will be excited to be in a smaller company that moves quickly on a constant flow of ideas, be able to wear multiple hats as needed, and have the drive to exceed expectations. The Senior Software Engineer will report to the VP of Software Engineering.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop new products, systems, and sites; improve existing products, systems, and sites.
- Lead other engineers, providing guidance and feedback.
- Create technical specifications, object models, and test plans.
- Work with partners on the technical implementation of products.
- Be innovative, objectively providing alternatives and solutions to problems and projects.
- Work closely with project managers, graphic designers, and sales and marketing professionals.
- Problem solve and work individually, and as part of a team, to meet the needs of projects.
- Possess strong communication and collaboration skills.
Qualifications & Skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a lead position.
- Several years of experience working in high-transaction web-based systems.
- Experience working in e-commerce systems, processing credit card transactions.
- Strong object oriented design experience.
- Extensive experience programming in ASP.NET/C#.
- Extensive knowledge in databases and queries, notably SQL Server.
- Working knowledge in web protocols, such as HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, etc.
- Knowledge of browser compatibility issues.
- Knowledge of Responsive web design practices.
- Experience with source control systems such as CVS and Subversion.
- Strong knowledge of web standards, technologies, and solutions.
- Experience with Windows and Visual Studio development environments.
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org,
indicating “Senior Software Engineer” in the subject of the email.